Total of five hives. Using apiguard on three. Killed queens on two and let them raise new queens. One week after killing queens I put built out drone foundation in other hives to get larva. Transferred to broodless hives after two weeks from killing queens - noticed several queen cells that were being torn down (good news). One of the drone frames had a lot more drone brood than the other. Pulled the two drone frames today. One has capped brood on both side completely covering it. The other has only about 1/2 of one side capped. New brood and larva found in both hives. Hope i got the little buggers.
Next year I think I will simply try to cage the queen.