We are having a local bee keepers meeting once a week till april here..its a beginning type of meeting..last night we were talking about mites and foulbrood..I mentioned I had learned from you all how well AO worked and tried to tell the other guys about it..The main guy said Ive heard about it..and that was it.....for the rest of the conversation all that was said was where to order the check mite strips and how to apply teremicine...
    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

So why not print off some of the threads here and take them to the next meeting? They need something in black and white to digest.

Its like they wont do anything that is not approved by...whom ever..the state I guess..lol
    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

I would of thought the point of those bee groupings would be to sare information as sutch.
    It is not like that up here, well, I dont go to bee meetings, but when getting together for our conventions, or general association meetings that kind of stuff is all what we talk about. Bee genetics, alternative treatments, different management techniques,PRICE OF HONEY!!
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Isn't once a week more than most folks would find adequate. Most clubs meet once per month and some once every two months. Why so often?

I have an impromptue club that meets at a Chinese Buffet Restaurant, whwenever I'm in the area or when someone else calls a get together. We are friends who enjoy each others company and like to eat Chinese food and happen to be beekeepers. Those with wives come as couples and the singles or unattatched ones come as singles. No dues. No newsletters. We usually talk about more than just bees.

When some of us are in South Carolina we meet at a BBQ shack. Those are often once per week from March 15 until May 1st. A work break and exchange of how things are going with our spring beekeeping.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

For those addicts among us we're here every day. Twice a day may not be often enough for us. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

our bee meeting is actually a beginning bee keepers course.it will run til about the first of april..its not a group or club..sorry for the mis info..

No problem. Who is teaching the course? What is being covered?
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

blkcloud,
    A new beekeepers course should only present Local State approved treatments for mites.
    In developing a beginners course there is so much information to present that "alternative" methods should not be presented until the basics are learned.
    Welcome to the most interesting, hobby I have ever seen.

The teacher is a fellow I have known for about 15 years..he is just a individual, not associated with the county or state.. we did pay our fe to the county extension agent and are having the meetings at the local ag building.All these years and I had no idea he kept bees..I guess your right about using only approved methods..I never though about it like that..