Thread: Medication

Hybrid View

Question

Greetings! I am a novice beekeeper with one hive. Does anyone know where to get small amounts of terramycin and other bee medications? Most are for much larger amounts than I need.
    My neighbor also has one new hive so she can use some of the products, but I will still have plenty left. Any suggestions? Thanks.

------------------
    Wendy

Cool

Wendy, As a new beekeeper you should consider joining a larger beekeeping organization. For example I live in southern New Jersey, I belong to the NJ Beekeepers Association. The association is broken down into smaller chapters, my chapter is the Central Jersey Beekeepers. Now to my point, as a member I have contact with other beekeepers and we join forces and buy equipment, medications, etc for less. Another important reason to join the local organization is most can and will provide mentors with local experience.

Thanks for the advice. Just sent in an application for the state beekeepers association that I learned about at our state fair. Appreciate the reply.

Hi Wendy,

I am with your state Beekeepers Association. Vist our website at www.HoosierBuzz.com and also email me webmaster@HoosierBuzz.com and tell me if you got the newsletter at the state fair. If not, I can sent it to you.