Thread: bees as pests

Hybrid View

Question

I have had a hive of bees move into the brick wall of my home. I need to get rid of them without taking the house apart. My mail carrier has refused to deliver my mail untill the bees ase gone. Bummer! Any one have any suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by j7david:
    I have had a hive of bees move into the brick wall of my home. I need to get rid of them without taking the house apart. My mail carrier has refused to deliver my mail untill the bees ase gone. Bummer! Any one have any suggestions? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    In your case I would engage in an exterminator to do the deed. They can be removed with other methods , but it is a drawn process.
    Are you positive that these critters are Honeybees ???. More often than not we come across complains about this caused by Yellow Jackets or Baldfaced hornets, which CAN be agressive . Also depending where you live AHB could be involved which are also protective . Our honeybees are rarely militant if not disturbed.It appears that the mail carrier should look for another job.
    Catfish