Big Grin

Ok guys, I have the inital FAQ site setup in place. Please forgive the sparseness of the wiki because I have been working on setting it up, not adding content. Plus I only just started working on this last night.

I am still trying to get the theme right for beesource so please pay no mind to that at the moment.

Please feel free to play around with it, but also, please try to be serious. I don't at the moment have any way managing what has been included on the pages. I have included help and instructions at the bottom of the homepage, and it should be MORE than enough to get everyone started.

If you want to experiment to see what somethign does, please use the sandbox for any "playing around" I do not care what content you put in there, that's what it's for. I'll flush it if something offensive ends up in there, but that's hte extent of my managing the sandbox.

right now the wiki can be found at: http://linuxfromscratch.org/~scot/beewiki/index.php

I have E-mailed barry about the wiki to either be hosted directly on beesource, or to have beesource provide me a subdomain like faq.beesource.com or beewiki.beesource.com or something like that, I haven't heard from barry yet about it though.

------------------
    --
    Scot Mc Pherson
    "Linux is a Journey, not a Guided Tour" ~ Me
    "Do or not do, there is no try" ~ Master Yoda

Hey Guys,

I realize the FAQ site pretty weak right now, but its brand new and can use some support by you folks adding your own contributions. I am working all weekend and so can't really put much effort into it until Monday and Tuesday (my days off), but I look forward to seeing who has come to visit. I am adding things as I can think of them and as 15 or 20 minutes are free for me to do so.

You are all welcome to visit, contribute and add to the FAQ site, it doesn't require any "Granted" priveledges.

I am hoping that it will grow and polish up as it matures. Most of the stuff I have added myself is pretty much just disorganized thoughts that need to be polished and organized. Anyone can add anything they want or pollish up any material that needs it.

If we all work together by helping out with this community driven FAQ / Wiki site, then hopefully very soon we can glean some good information in places we didn't know we knew about as a team.
    I look forward to seeing you all.

[This message has been edited by Scot Mc Pherson (edited February 07, 2004).]

Exclamation

hey scott why i cant get on the site right now?

because I screwed up...Its working now.

Also I changed it a bit so one is NOT required to sign in, anyone can make changes.

I think being required to "sign in" was acting as a hindrance to peoples involvement. Lots of people came to visit, yet few have contributed any material.

Just click on the Edit button if you want to edit a page. No need to sign in if one doesn't want to, though I do recommend it.

------------------
    --
    Scot Mc Pherson
    BeeWiki: http://linuxfromscratch.org/~scot/beewiki/

"Linux is a Journey, not a Guided Tour" ~ Me

[This message has been edited by Scot Mc Pherson (edited February 12, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Scot Mc Pherson (edited February 12, 2004).]

SolParker
    Hey thanx for adding some much needed "initial" content to the BeeWiki. It helps a lot.

Everyone else is encouraged to join in the fun. Lots of stuff added today, lots more could be added and you could be the one to add it first. Eheh, but then the next guy might come along and make it better.

This is lots of fun, I hope you all join in.

------------------
    --
    Scot Mc Pherson
    BeeSourceFAQ: <A HREF="http://linuxfromscratch.org/~scot/beewiki/

Linux" TARGET=_blank>http://linuxfromscratch.org/~scot/beewiki/</A>

Linux is a Journey, not a Guided Tour" ~ Me

Cool

Hi Scott
    Nice job with the FAQ site.
    By the way my mother in law lives in the sarasota area, would it be ok to stop by and see your operation sometime? when i get the chance to visit.I f it's not too much trouble. always interesting to see how others set up.

Good beekeeping!

Ya sure. Sounds great. Just give me some warning. =)