Does anyone make 4.9mm plastic foundation (not pre-drawn like HSC). I know Dadant makes SC wax foundation but I want plastic. I would like to buy some. If nobody makes any maybe I'll talk to an injection mold outfit and have some made.

Thanx,
    -Rob
    -Rob Bliss
    Bliss Honey and bee supplies

Mitch KD8IMF

Thanx Mitch, but all I noticed from this thread is talk about HSC. I already have some and am going to use it in the spring. What I am after is 4.9mm plastic foundation. Just like plasticell or permacomb or Pierco but 4.9mm and not 5.4 or 5.2.

-Rob
    -Rob Bliss
    Bliss Honey and bee supplies

Dadant sold it a few years back, but I think they discontinued it. I had bought some, but had a very difficult time getting the bees to draw it correctly. If I remember correctly, a lot of folks had similar troubles

If you call Dadant's main ofice they might be able to find some leftover plastic scf at one of there offices.

Dadant had plastic 4.9mm. I have some here. The unregressed bees hated it. The regressed bees treated it like all bees treat plastic. With disdain, but they would draw it.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF