I know it says on the package not to use Apistan during a honey flow but I was also told that Apistan was temperature sensitive and would not work in cooler temps. I was also told that comercial beekeepers use Apistan or cumouphos during the flow with no effects as far as honey contamination and that tests have been conducted that prove these treatments cause no residue in the honey. What is the real deal?

When using chemicals, use them exactly as stated on the box. Always follow the instructions, but I would not use them unless I have tested the hive to make sure that I needed to use them.

Remember that heresay is just that, and if you make yourself or someone else sick by your actions, it's on your head.

Xen would be nice to hear who told you that?

If you believe what someone told you it’s up to you but it is not the truth.

If you follow the recommendation don’t sell your honey.

Dito what Bullseye said! I believe sucrocide is safe and legal to use during a honey flow?

I don't plan on selling the supers that are still on. what my main concern was if Apistan was not as effective in temps below say 60. This would mean that in certain areas in order for it to be effective it would have to be put in during perhaps the last part of a flow. However there is nothing on the package that states that Apistan has to be used in certain temps for it to work.

The Apistan package says you should use it when the "daytime temperatures are at least 10 degrees C" which is 50 degrees F. It also says to use it only in the spring before you put on supers and in the fall after you have pulled the supers.