Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Howdy All,

I am a beekeeper from Ohio and I'm pretty ticked off at these PETA people. So ticked in fact that I'm going to put up a website deling with their misrepresentations of bees and beekeeping. I was hoping that I could enlist a little help from the beekeeping community. If any of you have links to articles dealing with this subject, I'd love to put them on my site. For reference, the site that ticked me off is: http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm

------------------
    I Speak For The Bees

PETA is nothing more than another hate group. Thay advocate, and use terroriest tactics, and so far have managed to get away with murder, quite literaly. Thay have a name wich many people think is good, and have no problem with lieing, or falsifying facts to convence the general public that there view is the correct view. Also, it should be pointed out, that most, if not all of there top people are hipocrits. Eather thay eat meat, or other such things that is against there preported vegan lifestyle.

wow...that has got to be the stupidest essay(sic) or piece of literature(and I use that term loosely) that I've ever read. People like that deserve to be eaten by large wildlife.

So, help me out brothers & sisters. I want to create a site that shows PETA that beekepers are not a bunch of meek people willing to tolerate PETA's agenda-driven propaganda being spewed on the public.

so, post your site and let us at em

Wow... What a load of crap. Only PETA would put that spin on beekeeping!

Ian

and all along I thought that PETA stood for "People Eating Tasty Amimals".

Amen James, and Amen again.

------------------
    If a job is worth doing - Then do it well

PETA and (HSUS) Humane Society of the US is another , they have one great thing in common . Making money and lots of it . That is their goal , it has been shown many times that they have total disreguard for the animals as well as people in general .

Drifter

Jason G in Tennessee Guest

Here's my response that I wrote to them:
    Interesting article...
    Some of the "facts" you listed are only true in a very small percentage of situations. I think you should become a Jainist. If you don't already sweep the bugs out from your path to avoid stepping on them you should. I think the name-calling part about Bush, not forgetting the part about raping queen bees, validates the idea to your readers of your brainwashed life-style. I suppose you should stop using petroleum products such as gas(for your car) and artificial fibre carpets (pertroleum byproducts)since they are derived from animals and other organisms.
    HEY, why stop there...trees have feelings too!
    I am glad you have this site online instead of spreading your propaganda via paper product as that would require the killing of thousands of defenseless trees. Poor cotton plants! They must feel pretty lowsy being exploited so you can wear their flower products. BY THE WAY, just curious...would you advocate me killing the parasitic mites which are destroying the world's population of apis melifera aka honeybees...or would that be murder too? Or is it murder for the mites to kill the bees?
    GET A LIFE!

THE SITE:

PETA: No Friend To Humankind

Ok, I have the basic site up. Bear with me it's still in need of some fixing and polishing. Questions, comments and criticisms gladly accepted.
    http://petathinksbees.dontexist.com

------------------
    I Speak For The Bees

check this garbage out: http://www.vegetus.org/honey/ecology.htm

------------------
    I Speak For The Bees

and this worthless drivel
    http://www.vegetus.org/essay/plants.htm

this is official PETA propaganda... detailing why honey and hive products are wrong (scroll down when you get there, you'll find it)

so you see... there is a group (or groups) that are working AGAINST our hobbies and livleyhoods
    http://www.peta.org/factsheet/files/...play.asp?ID=72

------------------
    I Speak For The Bees

Worthless indeed. If you answer a fool according to their folly they will not hear you.

Teach a child to care for the bees and you will have gained much more.

I gave a swarm of bees to some young people a few years back who moved to this area from the inner city (anarchist, tattooed everywhere, and some with objects piercing strange places on their bodies). They now have 2 hives and are really excited about thier honey harvests. Slowly the body piercing has been giving way to a really large excellent organic garden, fresh honey and lots of productive hard work.

God has made nature a stern teacher and a thorough one that rewards those who learn her ways.

------------------
    the ~ox-{ at www.singingfalls.com

The most ironic thing about this is that these so called "free-thinkers" are only recruiting the people who can't think for themselves. I like to compare them to a cult.

>If you answer a fool according to their folly they will not hear you.

I agree with OX. You just wasting your breath trying to reason with fools.

>Teach a child to care for the bees and you will have gained much more.

Why spend your emotional efforts on something rewarding.

This article was sooooo stupid, I couldn't even finish reading it. It was obviously written by someone with limited knowledge of the honey bee and beekeeping. I truly believe that were it not for beekeepers the honeybee would be extinct. So far as robbing honey, I know of no one that collects anything other than surplus (meaning extra) honey; I know of no one who would leave their bees to starve.

I'm ashamed to say I used to be a member of PETA, but their brochures were so graphically awful and when I realized how radical they are--"silk worms are exploited for the silk they produce--I was outta there like a shot.

I agree with Ox & Michael--you can't tell them anything so just ignore them. One of my favorite sayings is, "Never argue with a pig; it gets you no where and irritates the pig."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast