Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    963

    Post

    Several years ago, I found that the frames I was gluing and nailing were of a poor fit.
    I decided to finish each batch of frames by laying a bead of glue across the end bars to help.
    Since then, in using those frames, I have noticed
    that I no longer split end bars while seperating frames for removal.
    Here's a picture:
    http://orsba.proboards27.com/index.c...ead=1135301285
    I have exactly ONE hive more than you.
    That makes my opinion beyond question.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Whitefield, Maine USA
    Posts
    6,624

    Post

    Clever idea Harry. I have noticed a tendancy for them little ears to split off too. I'll keep this trick in mind.
    Dulcius ex asperis

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas City, Tx
    Posts
    183

    Post

    great idea. I think I take it out for a test drive
    you must endeavor to persevere

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Volga, SD
    Posts
    2,790

    Post

    I'm jealous, Harry! Why didn't I think of that?

    Thanks for sharing your idea!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sawyer, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,115

    Post

    Humm.. Very interesting.Nice looking bee wagon.

    [size="1"][ December 23, 2005, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Brent Bean ][/size]
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wetumpka, Alabama USA
    Posts
    87

    Post

    Great Ideas....glue and dates. I am in the process of putting several hundred frames together. I will use them both. Thanks...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads