We have about 25 hives, we would like to change out to our hive boxes, to get things all the same. What is the easist way to do this, or is it better to leave them alone? thanks

pulling the brood frames out and putting them in the new hives then brushing all the bees in will be a good bit of work, but if the hive bodys they are in now are in bad shape will be worth it in the long run

Anytime I take off extra equipment, after brushing or shaking bees off, I leave it out until night fall so the bees will leave it on their own and return to the hive.

I just put in all the frames and hit the empty equipment on the new equipment to knock out the bees and leave the old boxes in the open so the stragglers can leave on their own.

Thanks for all the advise. I plan on doing this next month, when we start moving all the pallets etc to their winter homes. This has be a learning year for sure, and I have never worked so hard in my life.

Now Susan,everyone KNOWS that the bees do ALL the work,and the beekeeper just takes the honey!(or so Ive been told).
    I do it just like MB does.Did 7 that way yesterday that needed to be in new boxes.Gave me a chance to examine the brood at the same time.

On rereading the question, are you changing the SIZE of the hive bodies? If so, from what size to what size?

If you're just moving frames from one size to another it's easy. If you're changing them to a different DEPTH box that is more complicated.

No brought some hives on a 6 way pallet, and just want to be on the 4 way pallets like the rest. Same deeps etc, just new boxes and lids.