Thread: Ross Rounds

Cool

This last weekend I checked my hives and found that the one I had my Ross Rounds super on was just about full. I put another super on below it so the bees can finish the ross rounds and also start on another super. I was wondering if anyone out there is using ross rounds and if so how much are you charging for them. I have never sold any before and have no idea. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dave

hello
    I run ross rounds and if they are white and capped complete wholesale about $3.25 and if you market them as I do up to $5.25 with regular buyers
    Don

you might try putting them on the web

I have heard of one fellow selling them for $10 a piece at an exclusive arboretum type gift shop. I think this was near the Connecticut area. I think it depends on who you market to. I wonder if you could get this price if you sell to the Asian market. I understand they covet comb honey and if it's different than what they normally see......?
    Denise

I havent run any rounds in years. Actually havent done any comb since 9-11. The middle east is the big purchasers of comb particularly Saudi Arabia. Cut comb wholesales for about $2.5-3.25 apiece around here.

yeah but everything you read says its harder to manage? I don't know that I understand this, but then again I'm new. I'd like to try the rounds next year after I get my hives established.