Today I went to my hives- it is such a rush! I did a very terse inspection- there was a lot of glueing of the frames... I assume this is normal? I didn't want to disrupt the bees too much, so only took one out. I also noticed a dead queen in front of one of the hives... with several bees pulling on her. I am not sure what/where she is or why she is dead? Any ideas? Also... is it ok to add 2 shallows on top of the 2 deeps (full) at the same time? or do you need to wait until 7-8 frames are full of honey? Adding one at a time... If not, why not? Thanks for your help!

D

>there was a lot of glueing of the frames... I assume this is normal?

Yes it is.

>I didn't want to disrupt the bees too much, so only took one out. I also noticed a dead queen in front of one of the hives... with several bees pulling on her. I am not sure what/where she is or why she is dead? Any ideas?

None. Have they swarmed? Is it possible that they swarmed and more than one queen emerged and they fought and one was killed? Or superceded and the same senario of multiple queens fighting it out?

>Also... is it ok to add 2 shallows on top of the 2 deeps (full) at the same time? or do you need to wait until 7-8 frames are full of honey?

I only worry about controling the space with a new split or a package. Once you have a strong hive you can throw as many supers as you want on without hurting the bees. I would only worry about the foundation buckling before the bees work the comb. If it's new foundation, I'd add as you think they need it so it doesn't get too hot and buckle.

>Adding one at a time... If not, why not? Thanks for your help!

If it's fully drawn and was previously extracted or eaten by the bees, I'd throw on as much as you have up to three or four supers at a time on a strong hive.