in the next week or so I'll be getting 6 nucs of 5 frames each of Russians. Now I have only one hive that is very strong.

What, if anything, should I be doing to prevent robbing or adverse interaction between the old gals and the newcomers ?
    "hobby farm" is an oxymoron
    Brent Roberts

if temperature is moderate, reduce entrances.

if you feed, do so in the late evening.

once the bloom is on, robbing becomes yesterday's news.

In my experiece the leading cause of robbing is feeding. If you don't need to, don't. If there is no flow and they are short on stores either feed a small amount in the evening, as tecumseh says (only enough that they clean it up that night) or maybe feed some dry sugar to keep them from starving. Keep the entrances at a minimum. I've had them reduced with screen so small that only one bee can get in or out at a time (about 1/4" by 1/4") and this almost always stops robbing on a nuc. Robber screens are nice also, but you'd have to make them.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

My solution to feeding weak swarms in the presence of strong colonies is using Robber Screens:
    http://nordykebeefarm.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=6
    All of the little mating nucs we made this spring have a robber screen on them as well.
    Jon, N6VC/5