I did my spring inspection Today. Opened up the hive found frames loaded with bees but of the five frames I checked in the top deep(going from left to right) did not find any eggs or larvae only some spotty capped brood.The light was bad and I may have missed the eggs and probably should have just checked from the center out.Neverless there is so much activity in and around the hive with bees also bringing in so much pollen that there has to be a laying queen in there somewhere! Unless all these bees are robbers?Bottom was totalt light and empty reversed bodies and did a suger shake found four mites and added Apistan it was all I had. Hope everything is normal but am not sure. can anyone tell me?

I would go through the brood nest thoroughly looking for larvae, eggs and the queen. I have seen very busy hives bringing in indordinate amounts of pollen that were totally queenless. But they may be fine too. I think you need to find out. If you find fresh larvae, or eggs, or the queen you'll know more than you do now.

Mine did this a few eeks ago. It was a failing queen in one and as found today a preperation for swarm in other. They Have not swarmed yet so I did a split and isolated queen for the split to thik the swarm has already completed.