Thread: stencils

Question

I'm been looking for stencils, and the price I'm getting is around 165. to 190.00 for 1.
    Where do you guys get yours at? I looking at vinyl to just spray on the hives.

thanks again guys for are the greatest...

For what? For you name? To identify the hive as yours? If so, I'd buy one of those plastic stencils with all the letters and draw that on a piece of cardboard or a piece of plastic and then cut it out with a razor and use that. But a brand is harder to hide.

Smile

Greetings . . .

I use an electric hand-held engraving tool to etch all my equipment. It works great in soft wood. . . cuts deep.

God Luck!
    Dave W

i use paint pens,they can be bought at hardware stores.

If you really want a vinyl stencil, check out a model airplane magazine for vendors. They will usually be the cheapest.

You can make a stencil from a piece of mylar or copper flashing or aluminum flashing or ConTac adhesive shelf paper. Lay out a pattern on your computer, print it out, trace it on the medium and cut it out. If you don't have a program like CorelDraw, email me, tell me waht you want and I'll design you a pattern. You could even print it out on the ConTac paper, stick it on the hive, cut it with an exacto knife, weed out the part you want to paint and spray it. You could do a lot of stencil on paper for $165.00. I sandblast monuments, and I've been considering sandblasting my hives with my name.