Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

>>I'd requeen.

Ah, give the queen a chance. All hives get edgy this time of year. I tend to find the gloves this time of year.

Ian

I wear an old Arthur Andersen Financial Services denim shirt. Get a lot of laughs at the feed store and an occasional bee that stings over his lost retirement plan. But the denim is so old it's faded light blue and thick enough to repel most stings.

I dress thickly, take a few stings for Ken Lay and never use smoke. Hear it sets the hive back so I just quit using it.

The guy from Arkansas that puts blue ice in a vest is brilliant. Wish I'd thought of that earlier in this summer. He must have transferred in to Arkansas:> )

thanks wfarler- funny that you're right (moved here from Victoria Texas).

>>never use smoke

sometimes I forget the smoker, and well, alway tend to go back to get it after I enter a few hives and try to work without it. I like to work in a hive that is not trying to kill me!!

Ian

Cool

I just wear an old white denium coverall and bee veil. Don't remember being stung through the coverall. I did get stung when 2 bees got inside the bee veil, up the pants leg , etc. Also when I pester them without the coverall.

------------------
    Erwin

I use a bee master suit (Dadant) made for children , I am a very small female. I started out only using a veil and white cotton clothes but as my hives got bigger and it took me longer to work them. I foud a suit worked better. I cannnot lift a full sized supper with honey, so I use a spare super and place it on the ground and transfer 1/2 the frames out then lift it. By the time I do this I have a lot of angry bees in the air. It have never been stung through this suit and it is only cotton. I love it. Here is the site. http://www.dadant.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id=583
    I worry about not getting stung and wish I would to keep up my immunity! But I would consider requeening also, sound like an agressive queen needs to go.