Thread: Pollen

Sorry for asking. How a beekeeper can know that in nature pollen was present just examining the frames in the hive. Thyanks

If I understand your question, when you look at a frame of comb the bees will pack the cells with pollen and it is usually different colors. Not sure if that is what you were asking.

Hi George, what's the weather like in Arad?

You can tell if pollen is coming in just by watching the incoming bees, it will be an apparrent colorful attachment on the rear legs.

In the hive, bees keep a brood nest in the center of the frame and store pollen and honey immediately outside the brood area, in come cases storing honey and pollen together for winter stores. If you pull a brood frame and move from the brood out the pollen, or abscence of will become apparrent.

Tell us about Romanian Beekeeping, We'd love to hear about the trials and success in you part of the world! What type of equipment, bee breeds, honey sources?

Hi, Thanks all for your answers.Perhaps, my English is not so good.Few days ago I some found some notes and one is saying somethig like this:
    drones adult-pupa-larva-eggs=pollen is abundant
    drones adults-pupu-eggs=short of pollen in last 48 hours
    drones adult only=no pollen for 7 days
    All I want to know if this is correct.
    Thanks

We have been in the low 80's this week and the bees have been hauling in a lot of pollen. I put out 1lb. of pollen for them and it was all gone in just a few hours, I thought that would last a while, shows what I know.
    I hope this means they are building up?
    ;) Good Day Craig W.<br /><a href=\"http://www.weaversproduce.mysite.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.weaversproduce.mysite.com</a>

drone1952, I think your notes are correct. The only thing I would add is that the available nectar supply would likely affect the drones in the same way as pollen supply.
    Triangle Bees