Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I guess I should also say I work for my father in-law and he is more like a best friend. Not the typical in-law relationship. We run an auto repair center and are both very handy with building and such. So tearing into the drywall would end up a 50$ repair instead of calling a contractor and it being 500$. But still it will only be a last resort. I really appreciate all help and opinions. Could not do it without beesource experience.

Ruben

That's what we're here for. I would hate to think that I encouraged someone to do something they have no expericance doing, and they got hurt because of it. In your case, I really think your best bet is to trap them out with a cone, and that will take time. They arn't going anywhere, so just take your time.
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

Got off work and went to check the situation out and had my camera ready, I got to the house and went to where they were yesterday and saw no activity so I checked it out a little further and it appears that for whatever reason they are gone. I was able to get my camera in between the joists and snap a couple of picture and there was nothing in there. One picture was really bright and clear and I could see all the way back to the back wall and there were no bees or comb. While I was there 2 or 3 bees did fly in the hole and when I stuck my hand up there they attacked my glove but other than those few bees they are gone. One side, I am happy there problem is gone but on the other, man I really did want to catch'em. Oh well my bees will be here next Monday and I will learn the easier way first! Thanks

That's a total bummer. Would have gotten some good expericance removing them. Better luck next time.
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

Ruben-
    You might want to keep a sharp eye out on that hole. Sometimes where there is once bees, there is bees again.
    They leave behind good smells that other bees may want to investigate. Kinda like an open invitation.
    Some 1/8th inch or smaller screen or a solid patch will keep them out, from that entrance anyway.
    Sorry about this opportunity, But i'm sure there will be others-j
    My Mom's other kids are smarter than me, but i'm not nearly as nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12