I took 2 frames of bees from a queenless hive that has queen cells, no queen cells on the frames I took, and combined them with a frame of capped brood and a frame of eggs from another hive. Seven days later no queen cells so I added another frame of eggs. Again no queen cells. What are they missing. We got a strong dandylion flow going and I saw some bees dragging pollen into the hive. Why won't they make a new queen ?

You probably already have a virgin in there or the original queen. You don't say if the hive with cells is in swarm condition but I'm assuming if you are splitting it it is. You most likely missed the orginal queen or you have some virgins which have already hatched and slipped by you. Don't add any eggs and check and see if you have eggs on the 4th day. If so, you have a queen. If not and still no cells wait a couple more for the virgin to be mated and check again. I've seen 9 vrigin queens in a hive in swarm condition. They are hard to find because they run like the dickens to avoid the inevitable conflict.

Assuming there is no virgin queens or laying queens. What are other factors that can prevent queen cell formation ? Weather, number of nurse bees, number of total bees, nector/pollen flow ?

Round Top, New York - Northern Catskill Mtns.

If they are queenless and there are no laying workers acting as a queen, they will try to raise a queen from eggs / young enough larva.
    They have no choice, or the colony dies. So, they will try regardless of the weather, pollen, nectar, the number of bees or their age.