• Small Cell (wax)

18 16.98%
  • Perma Comb

14 13.21%
  • E-Z

11 10.38%
  • Plasticell

8 7.55%

just wanted to see what the adverage was of beekeepers in here use in there hives, if you use more than one type foundation , just pick the one you have the most of in your hives.
    Ted

I'm useing Pierco and I like them so for , this is my first year so not to much experiance to compair them with. I do have wooded frames with crimped wire foundation for supers and the bee's tend to propolize the wood alot more. just my 2 cents
    Ted

I guess no foundation falls under 'Other'.

For now duragilt and some waxed rite-cell, but in the future I think I will be moving to foundationless with starter strips. Bees like to build it themselves! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Bee Happy!<br />Lori<br /><br />\"You know, You never can tell with bees\". (Winnie The Pooh)

Duragilt here....
    "To bee or not to bee"

Another Vote for Other, being foundationless.

Do most folks run the same type of foundation in the brood chambers as they run up in the honey supers?

Rite-Cell amd Pierco and the last I got is black and what a differance it makes looking for eggs
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

We are converting to all coated plasticell from duraguilt. We have a Dadant warehouse nearby so plasticell is easy to get, easy to clean and reusuable. Since we have around 8,00 frames it makes sense for us.

None would have been a nice choice. [img]smile.gif[/img] But I actually do a mix of several things. Including PermaComb, starter strips, small cell and none.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

tecumesh is old school so I exclusively use starndard foundation. me think it would have been good to have segregated plain and ripplewire foundation as two categories.

I'm like Michael, no single option in the poll fits my current situation- I use small cell wax in some hives, large cell wax in others, generally large cell in honey supers; some wax starter strips or half sheets, and (by accident) foundationless frames in a few cases [img]smile.gif[/img] \

George-
    Dulcius ex asperis

thought there would have been more useing permacomb on this site, I should have put another selection : how many are useing 3 or more of the above.
    Ted

Plasticell. Yesterday I cut some of it down to one inch strips, removed the "wedge" in my wedged frames, and stapled them to the side of the empty wedge. I then waxed them. It was too easy. My queen source for splits fell through so I may have to wait till next year to try them out. Or perhaps I'll feed one hive just to see what they do with it.

I am a wood and wax man. I make my own foundation and know it is pesticide free. also a good point is I can make it as thick as I like so no wireing.
    Don I think plastic not natural

Mostly I use none but I do use some starter strips. A nice choice might have been more than one of the above.
    Tom Patterson<br />Aurora, CO

None... Unless pouring hot wax into the top slot is considered a starter strip.
    David