Question

Which way is the most efficient way to extract honey from frames, with the top bar leading or the bottom bar leading in a 4 frame extractor? I can't seem to tell a lot of difference in either way.
    you must endeavor to persevere

If your are talking about a tangent type, when I reverse my frames I also reverse the top bar for bottom bar, and do it twice, so when I'm done the bottom bar is in the same place as when I started. Maybe more work than necessary but that is the way I do it. So in reality, "what a concept", I turned the frames 3-times.
    \"ONLY WHEN THE LAST RIVER HAS BEEN DRIED UP<br />THE LAST TREE BEEN CUT DOWN<br />THE LAST WILD FISH CAUGHT<br />WILL MAN REALIZE YOU CAN\'T EAT MONEY\"<br />GHANDI (?)

The bottom bar should be leading when spinning, in other words all the bottoms should be facing either counter clockwise or clockwise and spin toward the bottom bar.
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

Why should the bottom bar be leading? What does it change?

The slant in the comb (cell), from top bar to bottom bar something like 10-15 degrees. Maybe not that steep.
    \"ONLY WHEN THE LAST RIVER HAS BEEN DRIED UP<br />THE LAST TREE BEEN CUT DOWN<br />THE LAST WILD FISH CAUGHT<br />WILL MAN REALIZE YOU CAN\'T EAT MONEY\"<br />GHANDI (?)

The slope on the cells varies but mostly it runs from 12 to 15 degrees.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF