Drove down around salina & little ways east & then back north & didn't see one beeyard anywhere! Looked like some were pretty decent areas for bee pasture. Sure saw a lot more sweet clover down there then where we run. Not familar with the area as far as if there were peeps in there at one time or another just seemed shocked not to see any bees!
    AKA BEEMAN800

Drove from Utah to Tenn. last month didn't see any beehives until I got into Giles County in Tenn. then only saw about a dozen hives in someones side yard.

Blessed Bee
    Doug
    May the Great Spirit watch over you as long as the grass grows and the water flows.

Hi, Just becuse you don't see them it dosen't mean they aren't there. I have 7 bee yards and only one can be seen from the road. The owner has several large dogs. I try to set my yards up behind hedge rows, barns or hills. I see it this way If people can't see them they won't mess with or steal them. Dan

How many hives do you need to be considered commercial ? How far east of Salina did you go I have one bee yard that you can see from Interstate but there is Bridge construction going on and you must have missed one of mine that you can see from the Highway

When I said commercial I meant seeing yards with multiple 4 way pallets sitinng there. went up hwy 77 so did not go very far. I just thought it was odd maybe I wasnt looking hard enough. You drive down I-80 & in the central part of NE & there is somewhere around a dozen or so yards you can make out easily. Or where we operate at there are quite a few various bee yards in the area!

As far as the out of the way comment most people set them down for easy accesability (close to the road & gates so not to have drive as far from the road & less drive time).

[size="1"][ May 23, 2006, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Brian Suchan ][/size]
    AKA BEEMAN800