We extracted honey Saturday. This is our second year and I don`t remember seeing this last year. The frames have really dark,
    hard sections in some of them. Not all of them had it just 2 or 3 in the super. Thanks for your help.

If the cells are hard, but what's inside is honey, then it was used to raise brood and has cocoons in the wax. A little doesn't make much difference, but a lot of honey from mostly old brood comb can taste a bit bitter. If I have a lot, I tend to sort it out and extract it last and feed it back to the bees.

If the cells are just wax but have something harder inside, like a paste, then it's pollen. The pollen won't extract, it's too sticky. A lot of this makes the extractor a bit lopsided because the pollen filled frames don't get lighter because the pollen stays.

Granulated honey may be possible too. Where the supers above an excluder?

>"...but a lot of honey from mostly old brood comb can taste a bit bitter."

When is brood comb considered old?

This is all a matter of degree. Honey where a lot or most of the comb has cocoons tastes a bit bitter. Honey where a little of it has coocoons tastes fine. Old is also a matter of degree. The darker it is the older it is and the more cocoons it has.

Thanks for the replies. It should not be brood as we have an excluder. It was above there. It really looks like pollen. We just didn`t have this much last year in our frames.