I will be in California next week and I would like to go to Dadant and buy some things. Both are about 3 hours away from where I will be. Any suggestions as which one would be better to go to?
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

I believe the Fresno may have more things like Apistan or Checkmite+ and Chico does not.

hey chef, if you happen to choose chico, you should check out sacramento bee company, they have a really nice setup, but you may want to call ahead for directions if you do decide to go because it was the most confusing using mapquest to get there. OR if you decide to go to the one in fresno, I dont have any beekeeping related recomendations but there is a very nice resivoir (San Luis) that has the best scenery on your way to fresno, if your into that nature stuff.

If you have any questions, PM me

Danny
    Happiness is something final and complete in itself, as being the aim and end of all practical activities whatever .... Happiness then we define as the active exercise of the mind in conformity with perfect goodness or virtue.

Chico is the smaller branch of the two. A lot smaller. But John should have most everything you need up there if you choose to go north.

Take your pick.Both are GREAT to do business with.

I don't know nuthing about which store to go to but I MUCH rather go to the town of Chico rather than the town of Fresno. If you get there, check out Madison Bear Garden for a great hamburger and beer at a whacky college hang-out. (Lordy, I hope I don't get flamed by the Central Valley folks.)

No contest, I would choose Chico, you will get to pass through a lava flow. I think Mt Shasta is visible to the N-E and you will be near Paradise, one of the apple cider centers at the right time, too.
    My beekeeping started in Yuba City, just south of Chico, in 1958.
    Jon, N6VC/5

If both Chico and Fresno are three hours away from where you are going to be, Sacramento is likely a lot closer than either one. Sacramento Beekeeping Supply at 2110 X street is a great little store, and is worth checking out.
    -Lee

yeah right on lee, but call ahead chef, its pretty twisty to get there.
    Happiness is something final and complete in itself, as being the aim and end of all practical activities whatever .... Happiness then we define as the active exercise of the mind in conformity with perfect goodness or virtue.

and if you do, look for a young russian guy working there, that guy is HILARIOUS.

My sister who attends UC Davis, which is on the way to Sacramento bee company, says there is a huge apiary that the science department runs, im not sure if you can go check it out but if you do decide to go to Sacramento, the ladies who run the bee supply store would know if you can because they are pretty cool with the professors who run them.

Danny