My bees swarmed while I was away, this is my only hive. I did a complete inspection and found a queen that was piping quite a bit. There are at least two more queen cells that have not opened. The bees have moved up into the second deep that had only wax foundation and are not doing too much on the plastic in the first deep. The second deep is full of honey with some capped brood, they never moved into the honey super which has been on for a month. Any advice on what to do next, start feeding, rotate the deeps?

I would take some of the frames of honey from the honey supper and mix it up with the supper that needs to be drawn up. Put the frames that have honey on the outside and the frames that have to be drawn up in the middle of the box. Another thing you can do is just remove a few frames and place them in the box that needs to be drawn out. Then take to box that needs to be drawn out and put it on top of the honey supper. The bees should draw it out with either method. The secret is to move a few frames into the undrawn area. Give them the idea they have to work the foundation. Have fun.
    If you think they have not enough stored for your winter then I would feed them a 1 to 1 sugar syrup. That is one sugar to one water till they have the other supper 2/3 full.
    Dan

Most of the frames are drawn on the first deep (the plastic) there is just no activity down there. I was going to switch the deeps and maybe start feeding again.