A knowledgeable beekeeper in the Charlotte NC Area has decided to extend the harvest date to the 15th of June because the bees are still bringing in nectar. He told me I should go ahead and add another super since the bees have worked their way to the top. I didnt specify that I just have foundation supers and that they are in but have not drawn out the top one yet.

So my question is "if the bees have not fully drawn out the top super, would it be wise to add another super of comb foundation or should I let them cure and cap off what they have started in the top super?. Would it make any difference?

Some of the decision would be based on what type of comb. Cut comb, maybe although unless you have a strong flow and good weather I would not expect them to complete a draw out and solid capping for cut comb in less than 2 weeks. If you are doing boxes or rounds or some variation thereof I would say definately not.

I would lean strongly towards 1 super of very good stocked and capped comb honey over a super and 1/2 of 2/3 capped. With comb sales quality is everything.

I normally wait until my bees have drawn 85-90% of the foundation in a super before I add another super full (10 frames)of foundation. If however I'm using drawn comb, I'll stack 4 or 5 supers on in the beginning of the flow and add one more at a time when they have the top combs 70-80% full.
    Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Taken!

Too many supers on a strong hive in a flow is better than not enough.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF