I forgot to ask my third question of the day... I moved several frames of capped brood, to open up one of my stronger colonies, into an empty box. I was going to put a queen in with them, but I forgot. It has been 2 days now.... should I let them requeen themselves? I didn't see any queen cells yet.... If I managed to get a queen on a frame of bees- could I direct release her (with her frame of bees) into this nuc? How long do they have to bee queenless before they will be more willing to accept new queen on frame of bees? I don't have any of the queen cages, so I am kind of stuck.

Thanks for input..

D

Manitoba, Canada, North of the 50th Parallel

You could try a homemade queen cage. Just wash out a small empty pill bottle, drill small holes into the sides and lid, put in something for the bees to eat, then !viola! a queen cage.The queen should only be released after about three days.
    Happiness comes from within

Manitoba, Canada, North of the 50th Parallel

Also a bit late for allowing self-requeening
    Happiness comes from within

>I moved several frames of capped brood, to open up one of my stronger colonies, into an empty box.

If they only have capped brood, they will not be able to make a queen. Very young larvae are needed. Even if that were so, the bigger question is -- are there enough drones left in your area to adequately mate with the queen, and warm enough weather for mating flights?

If it's been 48 hours and there are no queen cells then there probably weren't any larvae young enough. USUALLY there is some hiding somewhere on a frame of capped brood, but of course if it's ALL capped there won't be.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF