Hi all,

Those of you who are using wax foundation(or 4.9). Are you uing wire crimpers to tighten wires in frames? When you render combs for wax how do you retighten the wires?

Clay

I don't use crimpers. I just run an "X" from corner to corner with one wire on one side and the other on the opposite side.

Hi,

I don't use crimpers. I just run an "X" from corner to corner with one wire on one side and the other on the opposite side.

reply:

Tried this method on a few 100 frames. Thought there wasn't enough support on the sides. I prefer to wire horizontally. I was wondering what those of you do when you render the combs to harvest wax from culls and the like. Are you re-wiring? Or do you do as I do and crimp the wires and tighten them back up? ( I use water bath at 190 deg. in 15 gallon drum to process w/ thermostat).

Clay

Clay said:
    Tried this method on a few 100 frames. Thought there wasn't enough support on the sides. I prefer to wire horizontally. I was wondering what those of you do when you render the combs to harvest wax from culls and the like. Are you re-wiring? Or do you do as I do and crimp the wires and tighten them back up? ( I use water bath at 190 deg. in 15 gallon drum to process w/ thermostat).

Clay

I always rewired. I also ran wires horizontally as well. I think it was enough support, but I went to rite cell foundation, because I have a hard time wiring with one arm. I can do it, but time is more important.

------------------
    Dale Richards
    Dal-Col Apiaries
    Drums, PA