Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WHERES MY BEES?

Greetings.
    Hived my second package of bees from Mr Cary . Same as the first one, very gentle ,no problems with bees. There were 3 small boys watching and even held the queen ,caught a couple of drones and the boys played with them all together there was 7 of us doing the hiving of this one small package, the bees must of thought this strange more problems with one of the adults not with the youngen's
    Bill I hope you get them bees from McCary ,sometimes it seems when things go wrong it just mounts up to make the sitution worse.One of the guys who was there ,ordered bees from a big breeder they are now over 3 weeks late and no bees yet. The story seems the same all over, but yours its closer to home im sure. Hang in there buddy .Keep us posted , please.
    Walt

Angry

MY BEES NEVER CAME!!!!!!!! I called at 5:00 tonite and talked to Mr.Mccary, he still hasn't shipped them out. Bill if you havn't gotten yours yet, good luck, he is still way behind and getting further. I cancelled my order(he seemed very pleased).I went and got a package from my local beekeeper (he got a ton of new 3lb packages today).I came right home and hived them, them seem to be doing fine. So another newbee beekeeper is finally on his way..................BB

Exclamation

I GOT MY BEES! I GOT MY BEES!

NOT!

I just wanted to know how that would have felt...

Ah,... I feel better now. Not that I have gotten over not getting my bees from McCary, no, but I did get to catch a nice BIG swarm. I got a call from some nervous nellies about a bunch of bees marching up a tree. I figured it was probably marching up a big old tree into a knothole and would be home by the time I got there.

Well luck was finally on my side, it was a ten foot maple and the swarm was at eye level up to about eight foot high. It was huge! I knocked it into a waxed nuc box, put the lid on it and watched the rest of them march right in. I bet it was six pounds of bees at least. Wish I had a way to weigh them, oh well, it will keep me occupied for awhile.

Beats holding my breath waiting for my Cordovans.
    Bill

You can still have your cordovans,just requeen later on after they are established.Most of those big prime swarms have the old queen,and they usually need to be replaced during the season ,either by you or the bees.If the swarm has a new queen ,I would go with that,unless she proves to be a cull.
    ---Mike