Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHERES MY BEES?

Sad

I placed my order on January 3rd for April 10 delivery.

Spoke with his wife Friday afternoon, she said he was still working on the big orders and doubted if he had shipped my order yet.

Two weeks ago he promised that he would ship last Tuesday.

I doubt that I will do business with him again. In hindsight, I should have ordered from a Northern supplier for a heartier bee.
    Bill

In January I ordered 130 carniolan queens from Sam & Joyce VanVleet, Cottonwood, California. I requested a delivery date of 24April. On the 24th of April I received the queens as requested. There were 2 dead out of the 130. Beautiful queens. Cost $8.00 each, although the price dropped as of may first. Their phone is 530-347-1987, and they also have email -----
    vvbees@c-zone.net
    I think that their price dropped to $7 now? I have been installing/splitting for a week and am very happy with the on-time delivery, cost, and quality.

Beeman

How were they shipped? How are they doing? Have you checked to see how well of a pattern they are laying. I am in the market for some queens and this sounds very promising.

Thesurveyor

[This message has been edited by thesurveyor (edited May 05, 2003).]

Hi Guys
    I haven't received my bees yet from McCary My receiving date from them was April 23th. I have called him three times now and he said he would try to get them out the following Monday. They never came. I understand from other breeders who like McCary are smaller are having trouble shipping on time because of weather and lack of help to try to catch up after being put behind. My only concern is our post office, here in Brunswick, Ohio they get 5 delieveries a day I have called them everyday for the past 3 weeks 4 and 5 times a day, I know all the employees on first name basis ,and I think im going to send McCary my bill for all the Christmas cards im going to have to send the employees at the post office and if it goes on any longer the gifts too. LOL Hang in there guys I share your feelings. I really don't think our Southern breeders realize that we boys up north don't have the Honey flow all year long like they do down there. I have already missed the appleblossem and the locust is next which was a nice flow for me .
    Walt

I called Rossman today, since I was to have my order shipped yesterday. They said they are running one week behind due to the cold weather they experience a few weeks back. I think everyone is having this problem.

Sad

Your right whitetailman,and on top of that we are getting a pounding now with rain & wind's down here.I,m trying to raise a few queen's myself.but with the weather we're having it's hard,I've talked to 3 breeder's & they all are having the same problem's.

The queens that I received from VanVleet ON THE SCHEDULED ARRIVAL DAY are doing very well. I installed all of them this past week. They were shipped via Overnight or Next Day Air mail. They came with 3/4 inch length plastic tubing filled with candy. I popped out the cork and pressed in the candy filled tube. Then I carved out all but 1/4 inch of the candy for a faster release. Most if not all have been released and are laying.

>The queens that I received from VanVleet ON THE SCHEDULED ARRIVAL DAY are doing very well.

I hope you are not gloating

30 days late and counting...
    Bill

Got my bees today. Bill & WjW77 I hope yours is on the way. I think Mr. McCary is getting caught up. Got the packages, but still waiting on the queens. They have missed poplar flow, hope they build up enough to get a sourwood surplus.

Thesurveyor

[This message has been edited by thesurveyor (edited May 08, 2003).]

Just spoke with Rossman, because I had an order due to be shipped next Tuesday. They said they had everything pushed back thru 05/05/03, but should be on schedule now. Told me to call back on the 14th to confirm they did ship.

Just an FYI.

Hi
    Got my two packages of bees from McCary today. Got home around 3 PM and there was a message from the main post office in Akron Ohio telling me the bees are there and that one of the packages is open and I have to go there to pick them up., 25 miles away. My friend and I went there to get them and there were bees on the outside of one of the packages. Put them in a box and took them home and hived the one that was open . Ill tell ya guys one thing, if your bees are like the one Mc Cary sent me it was worth the wait. Very nice and the queen was marked seemed very gentle they were landing all over us but not aggressive at all. Using Honey B Heathy they sure lapped it up maybe to much because they couldn't fly much thier little honey sac was filled to the brime. the other package ill do tomorrow two young boys are doing bees for a 4H project hopefully we can get them in between rain drops showers and storms exspected. I really enjoyed our forum . I know you'll be happy as i am Walt

Angry

AAARRG!

Glad I ordered early...

Bill

Hi Bill,
    Hope your bees come today. Talked some beekeepers from the local club, they are all having the same problem we are having. Winter kill mites etc . Demand greater than what the breeders can handle. Waiting and waiting doesn't make it easier,where days seem like weeks. I have one more package to hive today at 6:30 PM with the two 4H boys its calling for 70% rain storms and maybe hail. Planing of spraying them with syrup with Honey B Healty in it and hope and pray the bees with be gentle enough for the young boys to work with. They never had bees so its a real exspeience for them as well with me. If its raining or more should I hold off, and how long can you keep a package confined before it will start to fall apart . Your replys would be appreciated.
    Walt

Queens arrived today. Bill I would bet you get your bees today, if you have not recieved them already.

A fellow beekeeper talked with McCary on saturday evening. He said two guys came by his place with two huge trucks, trying to buy packages. What I am hearing is the demand for packages is outstripping supply. If Mr. McCary said you will get bees, I believe him.

Good Luck Bill

Thesurveyor

[This message has been edited by thesurveyor (edited May 09, 2003).]

Walt,
    You should be ok to hold off a couple more days if needed, especially if you are spraying them with syrup. I would not worry too much if they have to sit, just keep them in a dark and cool place like your garage or basement.

Surveyor,
    Should I hold my breath? If they do show, they will probably be in a busted up box, or worse... My luck.
    Drapers was to send me seven queens Tuesday, they are late too.
    Just a little pesimistic.
    Bill

[This message has been edited by BULLSEYE BILL (edited May 09, 2003).]

Sad

Mine are due today. I sure hope they come!!!, my due dates were the same as your guys, but I'm a little further away!!!!!

I will say that my package had very few dead bees. One package the feeder can leaked alittle and drowned about two dozen. The other packages only had about between 5 and 8 dead bees.

Just my observation. Bullseye, don't hold your breath, we are all pulling for you.

Thesurveyor

Sad

This is what happens when you hold your breath too long.

This is what happens when you deal with someone who is not good to his word.

I just got off the phone with McCary and he hasn't shipped yet. Same old excuses he used the last two times I spoke with him. He promised to ship next week, he also promised to ship two weeks ago.

I tried to place my order in December, it was too early. I did place my order right after the first of January. Is that before or after when you guys placed your orders that have recieved your bees already? I think that I probably placed before you and he shoved it up me and shipped to you first.

I will say that he seemed eager for me to cancel even though I was very polite and did not MF him in the least.

AAARRG!

It's 5:00 here now and no bees yet!!! I even just went to the post office to make sure. (Mr.Mcary told me they would be here for sure by friday). Bill, unfortunatly Im not one of the guys that recieved his, but my order placement date was Jan 25th...... BB

Beebarf,
    I DO hope you get them tomorrow, obviously I wouldn't hold my breath.
    nuff said...
    Bill