Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHERES MY BEES?

I have gotten them both ways. Delivered at 8 Am because they lost my phone number(my normal delivery is at 4:00 Pm but they didn't want the bees in the post office) A call at 4:30 pm to please come and get your bees or a call at 6:00 Am to come get your bees. I also run my own business but they prefer me to pick them up at the post office when they call. I have had to close my business for an hour to pick up the bees. Post office employees seem to dislike bees in cages.

Clint

------------------
    Clinton Bemrose
    just South of Lansing Michigan

I have had the same experience as Clinton. The Post Office seems to prefer if I come get them and since I get a call from the Lincoln Post Office the night before and the Greenwood Post Office if I don't get them the night before and since the Greewood Post Office doesn't deliver them until late afternoon, I prefer to go get them as soon as I can. If I didn't they would deliver them to my door, but who knows how they will get treated.

Any update on McCary Schedule? I am suppose to get my bees this week, just wondering if we are still behind or on schedule?

Thanks
    Thesurveyor

Just got off the phone with McCary. No way could I ever be mad at a guy like that.

On March 27th the temperature there got down to 24F. The bees moved up off the brood and he lost four frames of brood in each hive.

My bees that were to ship on April 10th will ship a week from tomorrow, the 29th. So I will have them in two weeks. He was going to ship on a Monday, but I asked him to wait until Tuesday so they won't have to set in the garage an extra day.

Quite an opperation he has, as soon as the packages are shipped he will start splitting 1000 of his 2000 hives. To think that I am fretting splitting four... It sounds like he only has about four guys working for him, I can't imigine that much work for so few people to keep up with.

So whatever your ship date was, add about 18 days.

------------------
    Bullseye Bill
    Smack dab in the middle of the country.

McCary also mentioned that he is amazed at how many orders he has received and from so far away. He believes that the cold has decimated bee yards all over the USA, and that there are major shortages everywhere.
    Bill

I bet he got alot of orders from this forum. I have ordered and atleast three of my friends in my area have ordered from him. Was hoping to get my bees before the poplar honey flow, but doesn't look like that is going to be possible. Oh well, thats fine will just be glad to get the girls settled in and setting up house.

Thesurveyor

Smile

Hived my bees on the 17th, I've been gone until today, but checked on them & they seem to be happy(ha,ha,). mark

Its working out good that McCary is running behind. I hived three swarms in two days. My dad's only hive that made it through the winter, swarmed three times and still has a huge number of bees, so I have been rather busy with taking care of swarms.

I am still setting on go for McCary's bees.

Cya
    Thesurveyor

hey survyor,
    forget McCary bees, I want the bees from your Dad's hive. LOL Sounds like that hive wants to repopulate your state. I talked with McCary twice this week and he plans to ship them this coming monday, and its good for me too, our weather here in northern Ohio has really been cold. twice at nite it went below 29 degrees and high in the fortys ,not bee weather by any means. I just love talking to Mr Mc Cary i almost wish the bees didn't come because i won't get the chance to phone him. What a great
    Southern gentleman. Keep me inform all of you with the Mc Cary bees.
    Yours Respectifully
    Walt

Has anyone got their bees from McCary?

I am still waiting.

Thesurveyor

No I'm still waiting for mine too.. im gonna try to call him today. Last Thursday when I called I got his wife on the line, she sounded like he was almost done filling all orders, she said there was a small stack of invoices left to ship, and they should be coming soon. I'll let you know what I hear from him, if I can reach him on the phone.

Hopefully mine shipped yesterday... I guess we'll see if they did soon.
    Bill

ok, I talked to Mr.McCary tonight at 9:00(6:00 Pacific time)(His wife said the best time to get him is after 8:00pm) He said my bees would be here by friday 5/9/03 at the latest. Bill your original ship date(the 10th)was a week before mine, so yours should be on the way. Let me know when you get them!!!!!(hopefully friday a.m.)

AAARRG! What will today hold?

I ordered New World Carnolian queens today. Should it be a suprise that they have also had unusually cold weather on the left coast too? They are running anywhere from one to three weeks from now to be able to ship.

I did however find some that are due into Drapers in Nebraska on Monday and they will ship from there on Tuesday.

My local bee keeper selling me splits will install my NWC queens and after ten days will let me take them to the yard. That will almost double my number of colonies.

I am also requeening my exhisting hives with NWC, except one Russian. Keeping that Russian might be a mistake, or not, time will tell.

I still haven't figured out exactly how I am going to install a Cordovan queen to a frame of brood in my observation hive. I think I add a new thread on this forum.
    Bill

No bees today. Be back Sunday...
    Bill

i'm still waiting too.

Hoosier & surveyer, when were your original due dates on your bees from Mr.McCary???

Big Grin

April 21st, but I have a fellow beekeeper here in the same county, His date was April 10th. I spoke with him last night and he said he has not gotten his bees yet. He called Mr. McCary last night and Mr. McCary said he would do his best to get the bees out this week, and hopefully we will have our bees by this friday.

Thesurveyor

mine aren't coming from mccary,but they were due 2 weeks ago.

Thanks guys, mine too surveyer were due the 19th -20th, and he also told me they would be here by friday at the latest....Bob
    (let me know when you guys get them..)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast