i have been stung before,but this time it was on the ear,my lips swelled up and under my arms swelled up,and i'm coughing.anybody have a reaction like this before?
Go to the doctor you could be having a reaction to it. Some people never have a reaction and some peope have been stung many time and develope a bad reaction. I was stung twice on my wrist and this last time my arm swelled to my shoulder.
I hope you are ok now. As a retired paramedic and now full time beekeeper, I can give you some info. on stings. Yes, anyone including long time beekeepers can experience a "bad reaction". When you get stung on the head, there is no where for the edema (swelling) to go. The extra fluid will travel around to your face (I bet your face was worse this morning after laying prone). In your case it went into your neck and put pressure on your throat-causing a cough. This is a case to seek medical help, your throat can close VERY fast. Benadryl is too slow acting to help in an emergency situation (and just makes you sleepy), get your doctor to give you an EPI-PEN for any future sever reactions. Let me ask you (and other readers) were you taking any type of ibuprofen (motrin, ketoprofen, etc.)before the reaction? I have heard of reactions in long time beekeepers who were taking this. A friend of mine (he is an EAS Master Beekeeper) had a sever reaction and had to call 911. I ask him about ibuprofen and yes he had hurt his hand a week before and was put on high doses of motrin!!I don't know of any real studies on the subject, but something to bee aware of.
About two months ago I got stung on my head,next day my eye swelled. What's surprising me is that two weeks ago I got stung on my arm and the same eye swelled.
I got stung several times on my arms but my eye never swelled until after I got stung on the head two months ago.
Anyone can explain.
just to let everyone know,later on that kniht everything was back to normal.but for just in case measures i got one of the epi pen shots to carry with me.like i said early been stung before no problems.but i did read if you get stung in the face it could cause your throat and other things to swell up.was not taking other meds at the time.just wasn't wearing a veil while my dad was messing with a hive.
I would agree that stings on the face or neck seem to be worse. I got stung behind the ear a couple of times and it was sore for months. I get stung on the hand, leg or ankle and don't notice it a few hours later. Makes you feel alive doesn't it?