Thread: HFCS questions

Question

I want to get some hfcs. I think(correct me if I am wrong) that a half tanker or some other minimum amount must be ordered and delivered. Can anyone specifically answer the following?

What is the minimun order that someone on the east coast will DELIVER?

How long could the hfcs expect to last from a freshness standpoint?

If I do not use all of it this fall, what would be the best way to overwinter it and have it useable in the spring? Is there anything (clorox, etc.) that would help increase longevity of the syrup sitting in tanks?

For delivery to Pennsylvania, who would be a good contact?

Thank you.

Do you really need 25,000lb??? I think that's about the minimum order from B&B Honey(507-896-3955). I am due for another tanker load in the next few weeks.

I didn't say I needed 25,000 pounds. I did however ask what is the minimum amount available for order, which is an indication that I have no clue what the minimum is.
    A real negative person could take your comment about ordering a tanker as ego speaking. Not Me! I'll take that as an invitation to drop by and hopefully you can fill a few barrels for me.

I am not sure which fisher you are, but I know I had lunch with the fishers two years ago in Lewisburg at the Country Cupboard. I sat left of Mrs fisher if you remember (at the lunch counter).

Let me know if your making an offer....

Call the nearest soft drink bottler and ask them who their HFC supplier is. Then call this supplier and ask them what size containers they sell HFC syrup. In Tulsa Base Inc supplies all of the local bottling plants. HFC is sold is 5 gallon and 55 gallon containers. They also have a 3,000 pound container.

Some of the sideliners tow a small trailer and Base will load the empty container and then fill it. Should run you about 20 cents a pound in the 55 gallon and 3,000 pound containers. Unfortunately they will not refill the containers. Best way to buy it if you donÂ’t need 25,000 pounds.

Since the moister content is 20%, fermentation has not been a problem for me. I purchase in late summer for both fall and spring feeding.

[size="1"][ August 20, 2006, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: magnet-man ][/size]
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com