Hybrid View

I am searching for information, illustrations, and construction plans to build a replica of a "Swiss Bee House".

Using the web for information has produced only two minimally useful references.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
    fredking

Hi
    I have not been here a long time . Checking into this matter revealed nothing because all advertizing in magazines has no web or e mail addresses and are written in German .
    You can however design it your self. Basically a hive is located within a structure with a side or back entry , room enough to manipulate , All bee entries are close to one another , governed by the space of individual hive behind it . They are colorfully decorated with different colors and carvings.
    The swiss designs and spacing is different than ours because the construction of the hives are unique . It would be of no use to replicate the Swiss dimensions. Let your imagination do the walking. Good luck
    JDF

I appreciate your input, however my plan is to recreate a Swiss Bee House. This means "like the ones used in Switzerland" and not a dummied up version. Sometimes good enough is not good enough.

Thank's for the help anyway.

http://www.apis.admin.ch/index.htm

Check out this site. It is the swiss bee research lab. I am sure they can help you.

Thanks. I have been to this web site and appreciate your help.

I am working on several other resources and
    want to exhaust them before picking up additional correspondence.

I'll give everyone who is interested an update when there is enough (in my opinion) to report on.

Going slow at this point due to too many other commitments that I accepted recently.

Thanks again.

Fred