Question

With that bunch of old bee equipment I got there is two 5 gallon buckets of very dark sugared honey. I melted some and it is very dark. I expect it got too hot while melting wax out of cappings etc. There also is much wax in another bucket. ?Now for the question; Can I, should I, could I and how feed this back to my new bees??? Will they clean it up and make it like new again??

If your trusting enough to use the used equipment, the honey can be used also. (if your really concerned have it tested) I have 20+ buckets of this really dark strong honey. Overwintering and spring build up is about the only things I use the honey for, as they will not "clean it up" and should not be fed when the possibility exists of mixing with good honey.

I second that. If it's too burned they may not eat it, but if they will, use it for food for bees, not for bees cleaning up and putting in supers.

In other words, save it 'till fall now if you want to feed it. Wait 'till those Sept. Oct. days AFTER frost has killed everything, but it's warm and the bees want to fly. Spread some on a plate or wax paper, and see if they take it. Then you'll know if you should feed it or dump it. I don't think I would place it in the hives, just set up some kind of feeding station.

I never had much luck with feeding stations especially with honey. Seems to set off a lot of robbing. But it does seem to work for some people. If that's what you want to do put it a long ways from the hives.

Otherwise, if they will eat it, feed it like anything else.