I have a problem, I have 3 Queens coming on May 28th. Am going to split 3 hives,but I also want to reverse the hive bodies, should I wait and do it all at once, or do you think getting in twice is okay too . The weather is good and the apple trees and the dandy lions are blooming, I had to medicate
with apistan, because of mites. I want to take the stips out and reverse. Just not sure
what to do? Any suggestions on my delema.
I've never found "reversing" to be a "delima". I usually don't bother and unless I happen to be checking them and the bottom box is empty.
I would wait for the queens and arrange things however you think they need to be when you do the splits, unless you think they are very crowded and might be thinking of swarming. A peek in the top will usually give you a pretty good idea of that. If the top shows all the frames heavily covered with bees then you need to so something now, like add more room, open up the brood nest, or, if it's really what you want, reverse the brood boxes.
I think your right,I will wait, if I do split
I will have new queens or queen cell to deal
with,I think they have plenty of room,for at least the time until the queens get here. I think I just needed to here it from someone
else. thank you for the advice