I removed a hive a month ago and it was doing good until the yellow jackets found out it was weak, and during the last two weeks of the hives life I found what looked to me like chalk brood I don't know If the stress of being removed caused it or if the hive already had it, (or if it was just brood that was dyeing).
    I was wondering if I could I could feed the honey from the hive that died to my other hives and be fairly certian it won't hurt my healthy bees

Joseph
    jtjrson@aol.com

Hi Joseph,

By the sounds of is the colony was suffering from secondary diseases. This may include AFB, EFB,sac, chaulk, chewed larvae, para-foul, ect. Do you know if the colony had a high parasite load?

If you are not certain of any of these. Don't feed the honey. But if you are reasonably certain there was no AFB. Then you should be OK.

Clay

I never saw any mites on any of the bees and I am still not sure on how to find the T. mites.
    I'm pretty sure it was only chalk brood. There was never any bad smells coming from the hive, and the capped cells still looked fine.

Joseph
    jtjrson@aol.com

Is there some reason you don't want to just eat the honey? People don't get AFB or Chalk brood etc.

Personally I'd be afraid to feed it to the bees under those circumstances.

I just want to see if it wold be safe to feed back to my bees and add some wintergreen oil to it.

Joseph
    jtjrson@aol.com

I feed a lot of honey to my bees but I make it a rule to never use honey from a weak hive, because I never know for sure what all of their problems are. A week hive becomes suscceptable to AFB, Nosema etc. because they are stressed. That's my opinion. Probably it won't hurt, but I just don't take the chance.