Or are your bees still making honey? Just wondering.
    AKA BEEMAN800

Dearth here, goldenrod comming up this fall.

Last year this time bees were grumpy and sitting idle.

This year they are still flying strong. I don't know what they are pulling but if they keep this up the goldenrod will start blooming (it's close)and I'll miss the dearth completely.

Dan
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

Same hear, last year the flow was over by the 4th of july to cool & rainy. The bees aren't bring it in by the bucketload but I can pull into a yard to strip em down & they dont even look at the wet supers on the truck.
    AKA BEEMAN800

Don't think it's completely over here, but getting there. Starting to get dry here again, but a chance of thunderstorms over the next couple of nights, so that may prolong it some. Strange occurrence over the weekend: Friday putting some wet supers on they were robbing like crazy, I don't think I'ver ever seen it so bad. The tops of the boxes were just black with bees. Weather was hot (about 90) and very windy (25 mph +). Saturday they weren't robbing at all. Temperature was a little hotter (about 95) but no wind. I'm thinking the wind kept them from flying very far away on Friday so when a truckload of wet supers appeared on their doorstep, they jumped all over them. Any thoughts?
    Gregg Stewart

Mine are still working soybeans. The beans were earlier stunted by the wet weather we got and are now still blooming.

Fall golden rod flow is starting here.

Seems to be a dearth at the three hives about 15 miles west of here - little growth in the supers over the past week - but the two in my yard are still pretty active. Not a banner year by far, but not the terrible year we had last year. Hope to extract what we have in two weeks - before the goldenrod starts blooming (I like to keep the golderod stuff seperate).

Bees still flying well. Loosestrife, knapweed, burdock and others still blooming. Goldenrod and aster haven't started yet.

Mine at the strawberry fields are bringing in some from the cantalopes and such, but not a lot. The ones at home have found something--no idea what--in the marsh across the street and are very, very busy making very, very good honey.

We've definitely had less clover than usual here, but I think a couple of good rains and the goldenrod should bring a beautiful honeyflow. The hives aren't half so strong as last year at this time though : (

My hive North of me is still doing well. Soybean bloom is over here, so I don't know what they are bringing in.

OF SUBJECT: Do you extract before the goldenrod flow?
    If you see me runnin' you'd better keep up!
    http://hillshivery.blogspot.com/

There was a dearth right after the only rain we've seen in months. There was a robbing frenzy for a couple of days. Now there seems to be nectar coming in again. From where, I don't know since it hasn't rained hardly at all for a two months.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

mine are working the white dutch clover, alfalfa (3rd cutting (i think) coming up soon), purple loosestrife, and lots of misc. stuff like muskmelon and agastache. Goldenrod looks to be strong this year. Still not blooming but coming on soon i think.

>OF SUBJECT: Do you extract before the goldenrod flow?

Yes. And at the end of September. We like to keep the Goldenrod stuff seperate because of its distinctive taste (I love it in my tea).