Smile

Hurricane Katrina blew down a very old, large avocado tree in my yard.
    The tree had a bee nest inside a hollow of it , about 1 x 3 feet.
    The bees have now divided up into 2 swarms and are clumped together exposed onto lower tree branches and I assume they will fly away soon.
    These bees are so non-agressive, their home was destroyed, combs are scattered on the ground, and I walk among them buzzing about and they do not attack, very calm not African bees.They have not stung me. The bees are not making that buzzing sound and to me they look a bit smaller than the average honey bee , I am not an expert.

Is there any bee-keeper who may want to come and take them? I live in North East Miami.

I was also wondering if there is anything I could feed them? A bowl of sugar water? Smear honey on the tree branch? I dont know I am a "new-bee".

Thanks, Sue

don't feed em. It can set up a feeding frenzy that will kill a lot of em.

Sorry I can't help from Colorado. You need to contact your local Beekeeping organization.

Good Luck,

Hawk
    KC0YXI

There are some beekeepers from Florida on here, perhaps one of them will respond.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF