I note many bees around swimming pools and when I clean equipment with clorox. Can anyone tell me why? What are the pros and cons of this behavior?

I think they associate the smell of the chlorine with their supply of water. Water foragers use the chlorine smell to recruit other water foragers. They smell what they were sent to look for and come to you.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thanks, Michael. Do you know if collecting water that has such a high concentration of chlorine in it will harm the bees or honey produced by these bees. I assume some of the bees are from my hives. I have 10 about 150 yards from the house.

Where are the bees collecting the water? I usually see bees drinking water that has splashed out of the pool, or in puddles. The sun has a degrading effect on the chlorine level. So water that has been laying around a bit has a much lower chlorine percentage and should not hurt them. The smell of the chlorine will absolutly give them a "roadmap" back to the source.
    Todd Zeiner

I know of beekeepers who (and I'm not recommending it) put chlorine in their syrup to keep it from spoiling and there are not obvious effects. Bees seem fond of swimming pool water. I do not know how high a concentration of chlorine would have to be to be detrimental, but I've never seen any ill effects from the swimming pool water.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF