Jason G in Tennessee Guest

Question

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to robbing frames as they fill or even robbing frames as needed...as long as there is very little disruption to the bees' activities?
    Jason

Assuming you wait until its capped and assuming that you don't mind cleaning up the mess more times if you process it everytime. No. Not a problem.

If you take it and don't process it you have to worry about the wax moths and the ants. If you leave it on the hive the bees will take care of it.

If you scrape the comb (not extract) then a box at a time is the way to go (or a few frames at a time). I've been doing it that way this year and it's working well for me. It doesn't kill me trying to do it all at once... and honey doesn't sell all at once either.

Speaking for the bees, there is no problem taking one comb at a time. The mess is all for YOU to deal with, not the bees. Just makes sure you aren't taking their last honey which is always the rule.

I take honey from my hives sometimes now. They are really packing it away.

Last year, being short on supers, I would go from hive to hive, selecting the combs that were ready, brushing them off one at a time then blowing out the straglers with my trusty leaf...errr..bee blower.
    Didn't hurt production any....

J.R.