Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Keeping supers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    West Point, Iowa
    Posts
    24

    Post

    Can I keep supers in a building where I will be heating with a kerosene heater?Will it absorb into the comb and contaminate it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Nehawka, Nebraska USA
    Posts
    43,492

    Post

    It would be MUCH better to have them freeze. I'd put them outside to freeze if you can't let them freeze inside. The freezing will protect them from the wax moths.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    West Point, Iowa
    Posts
    24

    Post

    THEY WILL BE IN A BUILDING WITH NO HEAT EXCEPT FOR WHEN I GO OUT TO PUT FRAMES TOGETHER OR SKIN SOME ANIMALS FROM TRAPPING.SO I'LL JUST HAVE THE HEATER ON WHEN I'M OUT THERE.SO I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THE FUMES OR SMOKE FROM THE KEROSENE WILL CONTAMINATE THE COMBS.THANK YOU,JIM T

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Nehawka, Nebraska USA
    Posts
    43,492

    Post

    I don't think it would be a problem.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads