Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In reading for my own needs on something I may need help with, to actually making a comment to help another, I find it sometimes necessary to know where someone is from.

Time of the year, the on-set of cold weather, time on-hand for manual manipulations, how many stores are needed, etc........all require sometimes a little different answer or information given when tailoring the answer to different regions of the country/world.

I am asking so that we all may benefit in both recieving and giving information...Please list the "from" portion of your profile. Thank you.

Angry

I have asked the same thing a couple of times too, once just last week.

I think that people are afraid of something and want to stay private.

------------------
    Bullseye Bill
    Smack dab in the middle of the country.

I didnt'know how to do it. Then he insisted so I had to try to figure it out.

It doesn't take a Kansas tornado to blow spit that far, but on a clear day I can see it.

E-mail me.

------------------
    Bullseye Bill

Wink

Thanks Daisy.

For all the others with "privacy" issues, I'll use daisy as an example.

Now that I have deviously located "daisy" to the state of Kansas, I'll use this narrowed down information to locate, steal her (If "she" is actually a girl/lady.) hives, and smack for abusing turkey feathers.

Actually, I'll stay in the real world and not try to find the "right" Daisy in the entire state. I will, and hopefully others will too, use this new information to help her along with her beekeeping issues, and learn from her as well.

Next time I have the pleasure of meeting someone from Kansas, I'll ask them if they know Daisy. You know....the one from Kansas...I mean how many are there.....

Thanks again Daisy.

>Next time I have the pleasure of meeting someone from Kansas, I'll ask them if they know Daisy. You know....the one from Kansas...I mean how many are there.....

Bjorn, you should start in North Carolina, that's where she came from, she is just hiding somewhere in Kansas.

I have NEVER met anyone from Kansas named Daisy, well, that walked upright...

------------------
    Bullseye Bill

;^) You fellers are a Hoot. LOL

I'm pretty sure Bullseye will know more about me once I get my grant and I build me small to medium apiary and beehive products operation....

Bill, where're you at?

It's a SECRET!

Just follow the yellow brick road!

Bill - In the Air Capitol of the world!

I'll show you mine if you will show me yours.

Bill - Second star to the right and full speed ahead!

With names like hoosierhiver, bullseye bill, newguy, beeguy, coyote, daisy, bEEN scared, and the rest, I feel like I would be better off looking at the nearest biker rally, maybe Sturgis, to actually find characters like this.

Oh by the way, for security and privacy reasons, my name really isn't BjornBee. Imagine that.

I can at least say that I know who keeps urinating on those bricks and making them yellow. Then he wants people (Daisy) to follow that trail. Maybe thats how he got the name bullseye bill, he has a good shot.

It's been so dry here for so long, it's the only way to get a shower.

Chaindrive Bill

BILLY BOB Guest

Big Grin

Now that my sides have stoped hirting and I've wiped the tears from my eyes.....

They really call be Billy Bob at the fire Dept. where I work. Which is better than one of the other guys that got hired on after me. He's called "Ding Dong".

BB

take a left on Peach Tree St, a right at Peach Tree Blvd, after you pass Peach Tree Creek, take the next left at Peach.........

BILLY BOB Guest

Big Grin

Now that my sides have stoped hirting and I've wiped the tears from my eyes.....

They really call be Billy Bob at the fire Dept. where I work. Which is better than one of the other guys that got hired on after me. He's called "Ding Dong".

BB

Feeling peachy in the peach state.

take a left on Peach Tree St, a right at Peach Tree Blvd, after you pass Peach Tree Creek, take the next left at Peach.........

BjornBee: got a nice bike rally coming up sept 5th in N.C.
    Daisy you did live in N.C once, are you going?(l.o.l)>>>>Mark

Why would I leave my bees, drive to NC to go to a bike rally?

Privacy? Eheh, my real name is Scot Mc Pherson. If you want to come down here and bother me, its your skin. Mess with me and my wife and you'll have to deal with both me and my wife, and my wife can be even more intimidating than me and I am not exactly a gentle looking guy. I am gentle, but don't mess with me or mine, or you'll see how gently we take care of you :P

So, what day are you leaving for the rally?

Chaindrive Bill

Wink

>I think it's mostly a personal privacy issue. Makes a lot of folks nervous that so much info is so easily available. By the way, Humph, you might recognize these coordinates.
    Longitude -97.28399602
    Latitude 37.70933984

This is what makes the profile page interesting to me.

Coyote knows me from WAY back. So far he has not divulge himself, but we have met a LONG time ago.

I know he is OLD SCHOOL S.C.A. (Society for Creative Anachronism) a mideval recreation group that I have been involved in since 1976. He figured out who I am by reading my profile page, but could only know me by the name he used if he were involved in the SCA. I haven't used that name offically in the group for over fifteen years.

If you haven't figured out the Longitude and Latitude yet, it's for the Barony of V'tavia.

Who knows? There might even be some other lost friends out there.

Coyote - Email me, since you choose not to list yours...

Duke Syr William V'tavia KSCA, OL, etc. etc.

"Privacy? Eheh, my real name is Scot Mc Pherson. If you want to come down here and bother me, its your skin. Mess with me and my wife and you'll have to deal with both me and my wife, and my wife can be even more intimidating than me and I am not exactly a gentle looking guy. I am gentle, but don't mess with me or mine, or you'll see how gently we take care of you :P"

Are you serious? Do we have to be worried that people will come onto our place and take our little girls from us? OMG!

Maybe I'll just locate them a little closer to the house.....where my shotgun is handy.

Sad

>My post was simply to illustrate how much information is readily available, and why folks need to be very cautious. It literally took less than 3 minutes to discern your real name, your hobbies and nicknames, your place of business (including range yardages), your home address & phone, etc.

I must admit that I am dissapointed that I have not found a long lost friend, perhaps a new one?

Your point is well made, however it also demonstrates that there is no hiding. I don't care who knows what, my life is an open book. Everything I do is legal and above board, like Bjorn said, 'I must be a straight shooter', and I live my life like that. I learned from dealing with the government that the only way to baffle them is with too much information. Have you ever seen a government organization keep paperwork straight? Case in point, your use of my early SCA name was misspelled. Other info is not always correct either, remember the best camoflage is the least needed, and it is easier to conceal oneself in plain sight, just like looking for the queen.

There was a time that I would reel from the thought of you having my phone number or anything personal about me. Now I shrug and think yeah, right, like you couldn't get it all in three minutes if you really wanted to? So just to save you some time, or if you would like to write or call me,

W. M. Vinduska
    1455 N. Terrace
    Wichita, Ks. 67208

There is only one fear to fear in life.