>My mind is getting all fuzzy, I'm not sure what to do next. This is my first time to do fall preparations readying for winter. I don't know what to look for..... what to do?

If they have plenty of stores they will do fine, but I try to make sure that the frames in the hive are pretty much all full of bees or brood. You want the equivalent of a couple of deeps of honey and brood in your area. Heft the back of the hive to see the weight. I try to have it weigh about a hundred pounds going into winter.

>In comparing the Five hives now, one is less fortunate then the other four and wonder if I should take stuff from the stronger ones and add it to this one, not combine but grab resources from other hives.......

If you have surplus from the others I would. But only after you make sure the strong ones have enough for winter too. You don't want to sacrifice a strong one to save a failing one.

>What is the best thing to add for equalizing colonies? I've gone brain dead for some reason.........

Make sure they have bees and food for bees and a good queen and they should winter fine.