Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    BeelnBeeFarms Guest


    I am trying to set up a small scale processing operation and have two questions. First of all, what laws govern such activity.
    Secondly, what type of equipment needs/ space needs would I have.

  2. #2
    Pollinator Guest


    Most states now have their code of laws online so you might go to your state legislature web page. States are all different. Here in South Carolina, honey house inspection is under the Department of Agriculture and they are quite strict. Clean, stainless steel equipment, guards on light fixtures, fans on doors, etc. The labels have to be quite precise as to the panel size, font size, etc. Weights have to be expressed exactly as required also.

    If you can't find any help online, check with your county extention agent. They can put you in touch with the right people.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts