Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Bah! Weather! Cooperate

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Frohnho 
#1 ·
If the weather would just get over this high humidity thing called RAIN, we could battle the mites, the lack of room in the hive and swams.

No, really it's great to have the rain, I just got used to not having it so often.

Chuck

#4 ·
It stayed above freezing last night so I think most of the apples will be fine. The bees are doing good, But this is my first hive so i don't really know what good looks live. When its warm and sunny they are flying in and out so i guess thats good. After 1 week I pulled the queen cage out and the bees were working on 3 frames. The next warm day I will be looking to see if the queen is laying. Hope I know what I'm looking at.

#5 ·
You guys in Ny I know the feeling here in Brunswick, Ohio we have one sunny day and than 3 days of cold and rain than 1/2 day sun and than 3 more days of cold and rain. I just hived a package of bees on April 17th. It would be nice for them to get some fresh pollen and necter . the flowers bud,blume, and die without a bee in site. tonite frost warnings and record lows and than rain tomorrow's forcast. Than finially 60's Going out in mornings and seeing dead bees at entrance does not make me a happy camper.You guys with apple trees how is your spraying going and how and what are you using Thanks Walt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.