Hi, I have been doing bee removals from homes all summer. I have doing them on weekends. At this time I have more jobs then weekends. Has anyone ever done a bee removal in the evening. I have this day job that get in the way. Mabe some day I will be a full time bee man Thanks Dan

I do all mine in the evenings. I try to be done about dark to dark thirty, that way I get all the bees either in the box or extinguished.

I try to not be doing them in the dark. Bees are hard enough to deal with on a nice sunny day when you destroy their entire home.

But another view would be, "How mad can they get?" Once you've thoroughly angered them it probably doesn't make that much difference.

But then sometimes you get some docile bees that don't even get really excited.

Wink

There is nothing better than working them in the dark. You have that flash light shining on them. They take off and fly to the light which happens to be in your hand. They are crawling around up your pant leg. Yep I got lots of fond memories of doing that.
    Dan

The agressivness and fight is usually replaced with disorentation by the end of the opperation. Some are very docile from beginning to end, others start out mad but give up and tend to become more interested in clustering with the colony by cleanup time.

Did one at night and the crawling bees are alot worse than flying ones. I used a work light(500w halogen on a small stand) so those that did fly flew towad it. BUT the crawling ones found every hole I left for them to get into my coveralls and veil. I will do mine in the daylight if all possible from now on.