Jason G in Tennessee Guest

Question

I was just wondering do any of you sell bees to people for the bee venom / apitherapy?
    If so, how many bees and how much do you charge?
    Thanks,
    Jason

I don't sell bees for therapy, but you may want to e-mail Pat WAGNER and ask her.
    beelady@aol.com.

Pat came and spoke with our beekeepers' association about what apitherapy did in her life for her totally crippling case of MS. Astonishing! Her husband keeps a hive next to their house, or somewhere in garage, I forget exactly how she said they had it set up, but they have bees available for sting therapy all winter long. People in her neighborhood have even brought their ailing pets to her to have her left her bees sting them.

Pat keeps pretty up-to-date on info about sting therapy, although the first thing she always tells people is that she is no doctor, or scientist, just a totally self-taught sufferer who tried something that worked and gave her back a normal life. She is a very down-to-earth straight talking person.

f there is a standard charge, she would be the most likely person to know. She lives in suburban Maryland outside DC.

Good luck.

You also may want to look into the liability issue.

Question

Why charge if your helping some-one in pain?? The medical profession takes enough away from people who suffer, if some-one were to ask for a few for treatments from me I feel honored at the request. From my understanding they only require a few bees for the treatment. The bees lost would add up to no more than .02 to maybe .10 cents. Not worth the trip to the bank for deposit.
    That is my humble opion.

------------------
    'WHEN WE CLOSE OUR EYES WE ALL LOOK THE SAME' GWPW 03

[This message has been edited by SilverFox (edited September 11, 2004).]

If you DO sell the bees, I think that you would be charging more for tha labor than for the bees. How much is your time worth?

Silverfox wrote "Why charge if your helping some-one in pain?? The medical profession takes enough away from people who suffer, if some-one were to ask for a few for treatments from me I feel honored at the request."
    If you can afford to donate time and labor then I salute you. I hope you are rewarded for your effort in the future.
    An alternative might be to suggest a person set out some honey an catch their own bees?

If you charge for the bees, aren't you more liable if something goes wrong?

Lightbulb

I supply 3 different MS patients with bees (between 50 to 100 bees monthly that I put in the shipping cages I got when I ordered 3 pound packages. I supply feeder cans and small amounts of pollon for the bees.
    The charge to them when they pick them up is FREE. But they are given away as bees. What they do with them is their business and I don't want to know.
    Clint
    Clint

------------------
    Clinton Bemrose
    just South of Lansing Michigan

Terri; the time taken to catch 10 bees doesn't even warrent a vail just a little net and a mason jars. And yes my time is valuable I couldn't even hire myself and have to pay me. But ,IMHO
    that is what is wrong with the world today, everything has a price, what happened to 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours??
    Beesmainsa; I can and do donnate time and it does come back maybe not in $$$$ but in other ways and I don't feel my time is wasted, my reward comes from helping out those that need what I may have.

Terri; the time taken to catch 10 bees doesn't even warrent a vail just a little net and a mason jars. And yes my time is valuable I couldn't even hire myself and have to pay me. But ,IMHO
    that is what is wrong with the world today, everything has a price, what happened to 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours??
    Beesmainsa; I can and do donnate time and it does come back maybe not in $$$$ but in other ways and I don't feel my time is wasted, my reward comes from helping out those that need what I may have.
    Clitonbemrose; I'll bet that you are a very happy person and that while money is important it doesn't take centerstage. It is refreashing to met someone who puts other people and their needs ahead of $$$$$

------------------
    'WHEN WE CLOSE OUR EYES WE ALL LOOK THE SAME' GWPW 03

Why charge if your helping some-one in pain?? ...

Hi Silverfox...

I hold this attitude to...

I offer my herbals to my friends and family at no cost to them...

My feeling is.... it would be like asking someone to pay me for prayers and healing rituals...