Martin22 Guest

I've got some kinfolk back home that raise bees. Unfortunately, I'm not there to talk to him about bees, so I bring my questions to you fine folks. Im as green as green can be. Basicaly, I think I will run up to clarkson and see if I can locate the kelley company. I need a good book or two and maybe some equipment prices. So there it is. Do you folks think its to late to start from scratch this season?

Thanks...

Martin

------------------
    It ain't good fo you, but it sho do make you smile!

Wink

Always a good time to start is in the spring. Don't have high expectations and buy some good books, i.e. Hive and the Honey Bee

Find a good Mentor local, and join the local beekeeping groups.

Chuck

Hi Martin -

Not too late to start. I always work best under pressure! As long as you can find/get bees, you can make it happen. Now go get your book(s) and equipment and bees.

Regards,
    Barry

Martin,

Good Luck! I am a new beekeeper located in Nashville. If you need help finding equipment or bees you may want to contact Ed Johnson. Ed owns Johnson Honey Farm and is a commercial beekeeper located in Goodlettsville TN - thats about one hour South of Bowling Green on 65. His number is 615 - 859 7253. I met him last weekend at the Nashville Area Beekeepers Association meeting. http://hivetool.com/naba

Hugh

Martin22 Guest

Thanks for the quick responses fellars. I may just jump on the bee band wagon this spring. That goodlettsville website had an allen county beekeeping page on it, and Allen C. is just up the road a bit.

thanks again.

Martin