We've had a bit of warmer than usual weather, so it was nice to see the hives (as weak as they are) But they were bringing in light and dark pollen. What could that be in northern Alabama?

Hmmm.... My wife saw bees covering some yellow blooms on turnips the other day... I never thought much about it, but there are some things that bloom on into winter like this.... not many things, but some.
    SippyBee

Mine love the turnips. Especially when nothing else is blooming that early or that late.

Turnips, eh? I don't know who has them around, but Papa did have 3 on the counter, so someone must be rasing them.
    WayaCoyote

what we have blooming now is what i only know as Polk Salad, looks like tunips but isn't. small white flowers

what we have blooming now is what i only know as Polk Salad, looks like tunips but isn't. small white flowers

My bees that are still inside a tree are steadily bringing in yellow pollen even today in January. I dont know where they are getting it, but they are kickin butt with the pollen. I have watched them for hours. One or two will go inside the tree with pollen on their legs, then about 5 more take off out of the tree. It is really amazing. I am in northeastern louisiana.